Wednesday 4 August 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Henry VIII, I Am by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1965 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Crystal Chappell in Silver Spring: Maryland, USA; actress (Carly - Days of Our Lives).
- Trena Trice: WNBA forward / center (NY Liberty).
- Dennis Lehane: American author of mysteries and crime novels.
- Terri Carrington: American jazz musician, singer, and composer, bandleader and producer.
- Adam Afriyie: English businessman and politician.
- Crystal Chappell: American actress director producer and screenwriter
- Wayne Pacelle: American humanitarian and author
- Fredrik Reinfeldt: Swedish soldier and politician 42nd Prime Minister of Sweden
- Michael Skibbe: German footballer and manager
- James Tupper: Canadian actor and screenwriter
- Cook Islands enters into free association with New Zealand
- The Constitution of Cook Islands comes into force, giving the Cook Islands self-governing status within New Zealand.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1965 and get them!