Friday 20 August 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1965 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
Famous Birthdays:20 August
- Jonathan Myrick Daniels: American activist (Born 1939).
- Eddie Mathews and Hank Aaron (1954-65) pass Babe Ruth-Lou Gehrig hitting 772 HRs while playing together on the same team
- Rolling Stones release "Satisfaction" (their first #1 US hit).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Beatles - Help!
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?