Friday 6 August 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Henry VIII, I Am by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1965 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Luc Alphand: French skier and winner of the World Cup events in 1995 and 1996, when he won a Bronze Medal (downhill) in the World championships.
- David Robinson: Florida, United States -- NBA center (San Antonio Spurs, Olympics - Gold - 92).
- Brian Kinchen: NFL tight end (Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens).
- Ravi Coltrane: American saxophonist.
- Yuki Kajiura: Japanese pianist and composer (See-Saw).
- Juliane Köhler: German actress
- Mark Speight: English television presenter (Born 1965)
- Vince Wells: English cricketer
- Juliane Kohler: German actress
- Vincent Wells: England cricketer
- Stéphane Peterhansel: French driver, he won 6 Paris-Dakar rallys in the motorcycle category and then 6 Paris-Dakar rallys in the car category.
- 32nd NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Cleveland 24, All-Stars 16 (68,000)
- Federal Voting Rights Act guarantees black voting rights
- Indian troops invade Pakistan
- LBJ signs Voting Rights Act, guaranteeing voting rights for blacks
- US President Lyndon Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act, which makes it illegal to impose restrictions on federal, state and local elections that were designed to deny the vote to blacks.
- Beatles release "Help" album in United Kingdom.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act of 1965 into law.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 1965 and get them!