Thursday 17 June 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1920 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Jacob Gilbert: American lawyer and politician (d. 1981).
- Setsuko Hara: Japanese actress.
- Peter Le Cheminant: English air marshal and politician Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey.
- Francois Jacob: France -- Biologist / bacteriologist (Nobel 1965).
- Beryl Reid actress (Joseph Andrews: Psycho Mania, Yellowbeard).
- François Jacob: French biologist, geneticist and recipient of the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine shared with Andre Lwoff and Jacques Monod in 1965. Jacob studied how DNA and RNA transferred genetic information. His studies with Lwoff and Monod on genetic control of enzymes and virus synthesis in embryonic growth is the research on which the Nobel Prize was based.
- Jacob H Gilbert: American politician (d. 1981)
- Fran?ois Jacob: Nancy Military man
- Bernard Tricot: French politician, a senior member of the Council of State and Secretary General of Elysee 1967-1969, who died on 8 June 2000 in Paris.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accept Anti-revolution law
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Whose Baby are You? - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?