Thursday 17 March 1966, St. Patrick's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Garcia and Antoine Gosset-Grainville.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geheimagent Tegtmeier.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1966 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- José Garcia: French-Spanish actor of Galician origin, he took Garcia (mother's name) as stage name.
- Antoine Gosset-Grainville: French lawyer and Inspector General of Finances.
- Andrew Rosindell: English journalist and politician.
- Jeremy Sheffield: English actor and dancer.
- Walter Lang: Composer, dies at 69.
- US sub locates missing H-bomb in Mediterranean
- South Africa government bans Defense and Aid Fund.
- US submarine locates missing H-bomb in Mediterranean.
- Off the coast of Spain in the Mediterranean, the DSV Alvin submarine finds a missing American hydrogen bomb.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?