Thursday 17 March 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Tarzan and the Golden Lion, directed by J.P. McGowan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1927 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Betty Allen: American soprano (d. 2009).
- Rudy Moore: American actor singer and producer (d. 2008).
- Kenneth S Goldstein: Folklorist / enthomusicologist.
- Maurice Ingvar Karkoff: Composer.
- Nancy Sheehan: Writer.
- Patrick Allen: Malawi -- Actor (Roman Holiday, Dial "M" for Murder)
- Sulkhan Ivanovich Nasidze: Composer
- James Scott Skinner: Composer, dies at 83.
- US government doesn't sign League of Nations disarmament treaty.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?