Saturday 17 March 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Badge of Courage, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1951 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Kurt Russell in Springfield: Massachusetts, USA; actor (The Thing, Overboard, Mean Seasons).
- Scott Gorham Irish hard rock guitarist (Thin Lizzy - "21 Guns": "Jailbreak").
- Donald Findlay: Scottish lawyer and academic.
- Scott Gorham: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Thin Lizzy 21 Guns and Black Star Riders).
- Craig Ramsay: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Kurt Russell: American actor nominated for an Emmy for his role in "Elvis," a television movie. The son of an actor, Russell enjoyed going to his father's sets as a youth. At the age of nine, his dad was making a movie entitled "Safe at Home" about baseball. He really wanted to be in the movie, so he called his dad's agent. Russell didn't get the role, but was later hired by Disney. After his stint with Disney, he played baseball for money in the minor leagues. Russell was just two steps away from the majors
- Government of Drees takes power
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?