Monday 26 March 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Badge of Courage, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1951 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Rosanna Fratello: Italian singer and actress, who emerged as singer in 1969, when she took part at the Sanremo Music Festival with the song "Il treno" and obtained her first commercial success with the song "Non sono Maddalena".
- Jānis Paukštello: Latvian actor.
- Carl Wieman: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Richard B Shull: US actor (Hail to the Chief, Big Bus).
- James F Hinkle: American politician, sixth Governor of New Mexico (Born 1864).
- USAF flag approved
- US Air Force flag approved.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 March 1951 and get them!