Wednesday 17 March 2010, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio Radio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 2XL TrophyLite Rally or DJMAX Technika 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 17 March 2010 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 March
- Protests in Thailand by the National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship continue, with supporters throwing their own blood outside the house of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva. (Al Jazeera)
- A French police officer dies in a shootout with Basque nationalist group ETA in Paris, the first French officer to do so. (CNN)
- 30 members of the ampquotLadies in Whiteampquot opposition movement in Cuba are arrested at a demonstration in the capital Havana. (BBC)
- Seven Chinese fisherman kidnapped off Cameroon's disputed Bakassi peninsula are released. (BBC)
- Nigeria's acting president Goodluck Jonathan dissolves the country's cabinet. (Xinhua)
- Saint Patrick's Day
- President of the United States Barack Obama meets Taoiseach Brian Cowen at the White House in Washington, D.C., United States. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Vice President of the United States Joe Biden makes an error when he suggests that Cowen's mother is dead. (''The Times'')
- More than half a million people fill the streets of Dublin for the parade there. (RTÉ)
- American television officials issue an apology following the broadcast of two hours of pornography on two children's channels. (''The Times of India'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?