Thursday 18 January 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1973 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Edward Jasper: defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Regilio Vreede soccer player (Blue White: RKC).
- Junior Burrough: NBA forward (Boston Celtics).
- Ben Jealous: African-American leader, president of the NAACP.
- Crispian Mills: English singer, songwriter, guitarist and film director, also known as Krishna Kantha das.
- Billy Tolley: Reality Star
- Burnie Burns: Film Producer
- Luther Dickinson: American singer and guitarist (North Mississippi Allstars The Black Crowes The Word and Phil Lesh and Friends)
- Luke Goodwin: Australian rugby player and coach
- Guo Degang: Chinese actor
- Benjamin Jealous: American businessman
- Anthony Koutoufides: Australian rules footballer and Gladiator
- Shinobu Nakayama: Japanese actress and singer
- Rolando Schiavi: Argentinian footballer and coach
- Ben Willbond: English comedian and actor
- Islanders break 12 game losing streak, 20 game road winless streak
- Boston Red Sox sign Orlando Cepeda as first player signed as a designated hitter.
- Eleven Labour Party councillors in Clay Cross, Derbyshire, England, are ordered to pay £6,985 for not enforcing the Housing Finance Act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?