Friday 18 October 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1946 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- James Robert Baker: American novelist, screenwriter.
- James Baker: American author and screenwriter (d. 1997).
- Frank Beamer: American football player and coach.
- Dafydd Elis-Thomas: Welsh academic and politician.
- Howard Shore: Canadian composer conductor and producer.
- Michel Graillier: French jazz pianist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?