Friday 18 October 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1963 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Pascal Brunner: French imitator, radio-TV host, and stage actor, he was left by his father named François.
- Claudio Carneyro: Composer, dies at 68.
- IOC votes Mexico City to host 1968 Olympics
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?