Sunday 18 October 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Milco Mancevski and Steve Swayne.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
A Summer Place, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Lucky.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1959 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Milco Mancevski: Macedonian film director and screenwriter.
- Steve Swayne: American academic.
- Kirby Chambliss: American aerobatic pilot.
- Tatyana Kolpakova: Kyrgyzstani long jumper and coach.
- Milcho Manchevski: Macedonian-American director and screenwriter.
- Boughera El Ouafi: Algerian athlete (Born 1898).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?