Sunday 18 October 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
A Summer Place, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1959 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Milco Mancevski: Macedonian film director and screenwriter.
- Steve Swayne: American academic.
- Kirby Chambliss: American aerobatic pilot.
- Tatyana Kolpakova: Kyrgyzstani long jumper and coach.
- Milcho Manchevski: Macedonian-American director and screenwriter.
- Boughera El Ouafi: Algerian athlete (Born 1898).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 October 1959 and get them!