Monday 19 May 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Rihanna.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Great Performances.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Crush Returns or Audiosurf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 May 2008 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 May
- Vijay Tendulkar: Indian playwright (Born 1928).
- Suspected Sunni insurgents attack a minibus carrying police recruits near the border of Iraq and Syria killing 11 people. (AP via Google News)
- Edward Leigh's attempt to outlaw the creation of human-animal hybrid embryos in the United Kingdom is defeated by 336 votes to 176 in the British House of Commons. (BBC News)
- In ''United States v. Williams'', the Supreme Court of the United States upholds a law making it a crime to send messages over the Internet offering or seeking child pornography even when no such pornography exists. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- A two-week conference in Dublin, aiming to create an international treaty banning cluster bombs, opens today. (RTÉ)
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake
- Xinhua reports that 200 relief workers trying to rescue people in the earthquake have been buried in a mudslide. (AP via ''The New York Times'')
- The People's Republic of China holds three minutes silence at 2:28 pm marking a week since the earthquake. All public entertainment events have been cancelled. (AP via Time)
- Foreign Ministers of the member states of ASEAN including Nyan Win of Myanmar meet to discuss Cyclone Nargis. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?