Wednesday 19 March 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ramzor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beat'n Groovy or Commando: Steel Disaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 March 2008 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 March
- GRB 080319B: A cosmic burst that is the farthest object visible to the naked eye is briefly observed.
- An exploding star halfway across the visible universe becomes the farthest known object ever visible to the naked eye.
- An audio tape with a voice believed to be Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's is released, criticizing the European Union for allowing publication of cartoons that he claims insulted the Prophet Mohammed and threatening a strong reaction. (AP via Google News)
- Early elections are called for May 2008 in Kuwait after a crisis between the cabinet and parliament leads the emir Sabah al-Sabah to dissolve parliament. (BBC News)
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary and Monaco jointly recognize Kosovo's independence. (Balkan Insight)
- Foreign Minister of Russia Sergey Lavrov states that ampquotthe Albanians in Macedonia have already made demands that they be granted such autonomy...which could be seen as a move towards independence.ampquot The Foreign Ministry also linked the events in Tibet with the declaration of independence by Kosovo, showing a growing movement of groups seeking independence. (Ria Novosti)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?