Sunday 19 June 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1977 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Veronika Varekova: Czech supermodel.
- Maria Cioncan: Romanian athlete (Born 1977).
- Rebecca Loos: Spanish-Dutch model and television host.
- Peter Warrick: American football player.
- 77th US Golf Open: Hubert Green shoots a 278 at Southern Hills Tulsa
- Indians fire manager Frank Robinson and replace him with Jeff Torborg
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Mayflower Golf Classic
- Red Sox set 3 game record of 16 HRs, all against Yanks
- Pope Paul VI makes 19th-century bishop John Neumann first US male saint.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?