Sunday 19 June 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Mr. Nobody, directed by Jaco Van Dormael, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2011 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 June
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- NATO confirms it killed civilians in an airstrike on a residential neighborhood in Tripoli, as Gaddafi's forces uses artillery fire to kill rebels and civilians in Misrata. (Khallej Times)
- 2011 Spanish protests: More than 100,000 people, the ampquotindignantampquot, march on Madrid and other Spanish cities to protest government cuts, unemployment and the policies of the European Commission. (BBC)
- Monitors say the northern Sudanese army is massing in South Kordofan, amid fighting with southern-aligned groups in the state. (Reuters)
- 16 people are killed in clashes between the army and militants in southern Yemen. (China Radio International)
- The Philippines commemorates the 150th birth anniversary of José Rizal with the unveiling of the world's tallest statue of him in his hometown of Calamba, Laguna. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Alyssa Campanella, Miss California, is crowned as Miss USA. (NPR)
- The Boeing 747-8 makes its international debut at the 2011 Paris Air Show. (''Kuwait Times'')
- More than two million people are reported to have been displaced or otherwise affected by flooding in the Chinese province of Zhejiang. (AP via MSNBC)
- Hundreds of Vietnamese citizens protest outside the Chinese embassy in Hanoi for the third straight week as tensions escalate over disputed areas of the South China Sea. (''Taiwan News'')
- Six foreigners including two Britons and an American are jailed for lengthy terms in Somalia after the seizure of a plane containing $3.6 million in ransom for pirates. (AFP via France24)
- An Indonesian woman is beheaded in Saudi Arabia for killing a Saudi woman. (''Jakarta Post'')
- Members of the Parliament of Iran sign a scroll to impeach Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi following the appointment of Mohammad Sharif Malekzadeh as deputy foreign minister. (PressTV)
- The Somali Prime Minister, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, resigns. (BBC)
- Russian human rights activist Yelena Bonner dies aged 88. (CNN)
- Burmese opposition figure Aung San Suu Kyi celebrates her first birthday in freedom for more than 10 years. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Northern Ireland golfer Rory McIlroy wins the 2011 U.S. Open. (''Washington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?