Tuesday 19 May 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Queen Seondeok.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Christmas Clix or Codename: Panzers - Cold War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 May 2009 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 May
- The United States Government Accountability Office warns that the Global Positioning System could fail by 2010. (''Guardian'')
- President Mahmoud Abbas inaugurates the Palestinian National Authority's new government. (BBC)
- United Kingdom House of Commons Speaker Michael Martin announces that he will resign on June 21. (BBC)
- Uzbekistan's government leases Navoiy Airport to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. (IWPR)
- Pro-Tamil Tigers protesters and the Metropolitan Police Service battle, injuring 16 people, in London, England. (Sky News)
- The U.S. and Russia begin negotiations to replace the expiring Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty. (BBC)
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations expresses ampquotgrave concernampquot about National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi's trial. (Reuters)
- Ethiopia's National Defense Force reenters Somalia. (BBC)
- Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney testifies about his relationship with arms dealer Karlheinz Schreiber. (CBC)
- Manmohan Singh of the National Congress is reelected as Prime Minister of India. (AFP)
- Brazilian oil company Petrobras and the People's Republic of China finalize a US$10-billion agreement. (WSJ)
- The European Parliament requests that Spain reform its planning laws. (BBC)
- A 47-million-year-old skeleton of a lemur species is discovered in Germany. (Sky News)
- Somali pirates release the German cargo ship MV ''Patriot''. (AP)
- Bahrain recognizes Kosovo. (BNA)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?