Tuesday 19 October 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Just Pals, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1920 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gianfranco D'Aronco: Italy Writer.
- Robert Dunlap: American military, United States Marine Corps officer who received the Medal of Honor during World War II for his actions in the Battle of Iwo Jima.
- Pandurang Shastri Athavale: Indian philosopher (d. 2003).
- Harry Alan Towers: English film producer and screenwriter (d. 2009).
- Pandurang Athavale: Indian philosopher and educator (d. 2003).
- LaWanda Page: American actress (d. 2002)
- Harry Towers: English-Canadian screenwriter and producer (d. 2009)
- Guido Sacerdote: Italian TV Director for studio one.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - John Steel
- Kismet - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Margie - Gene Rodemich & His Orchestra
- The Swan - Pablo Casals
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 October 1920 and get them!