Thursday 19 October 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1950 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Márcia Tabone: Brazilian transpersonal psychologist and author.
- Yeslam bin Ladin: Saudi Arabian-Swiss businessman.
- Edna St Vincent Millay: American poet (Born 1892).
- Bird Building at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is dedicated
- UN forces entered Pyongyang, capital of North Korea
- The People's Republic of China joins the Korean War by sending thousands of troops across the Yalu river to fight United Nations forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?