Saturday 19 October 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Hue and Margaret McElroy.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Stars in Your Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1946 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Robert Hue: French politician who was National Secretary of the French Communist Party (PCF) from 1994 to 2001 and President of the PCF from 2001 to 2002.
- Margaret McElroy: English psychic medium, radio show host and author of six books.
- Ernesto Palacio: Peruvian tenor, particularly associated with Rossini and Mozart roles.
- Bob Holland: Australian cricketer and surveyor.
- Philip Pullman: English author and academic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?