Friday 20 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
L'Atalante, directed by Jean Vigo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1947 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Dolores Brooks: American singer (the Crystals).
- François Huwart: French politician, the mayor of Nogent-le-Rotrou since 1989.
- David French: British director (Deep Sleep, Bingo).
- John Forbes: Horse trainer.
- Gerard Collomb: French politician, an active member of the French Socialist Party who has been Mayor of Lyon (Rhône) since March 2001.
- : American-English singer-songwriter (The Crystals)
- Candy Clark: American actress
- Josef Clemens: German bishop and Secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Laity
- Ray East: English cricketer
- Ivo Milazzo: Italian comic book artist
- Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel: Gangster, shot dead in Beverly Hills Cal.
- President Truman vetoes Taft-Hartley Act
- Benjamin 'Bugsy' Siegel, gangster, shot dead in Beverly Hills, California.
- US President Harry Truman vetoes Taft-Hartley Act.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) - Red Ingle & The Natural Seven & Jo Stafford
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?