Saturday 14 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vanessa Harwood and Roger Liddle.
L'Atalante, directed by Jean Vigo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1947 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Vanessa Harwood: British dancer who danced in guest performances in the U.S.
- Roger Liddle: Baron Liddle English politician.
- Kat Martin: American author.
- Barry Melton: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Country Joe and the Fish and The Dinosaurs).
- Hiroshi Miyauchi: Japanese actor.
- Paul Rudolph: Canadian singer guitarist and cyclist (Pink Fairies The Deviants and Hawkwind)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) - Red Ingle & The Natural Seven & Jo Stafford
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?