Sunday 20 March 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Blackboard Jungle, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1955 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- KXTV TV channel 10 in Sacramento, CA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Evan Hunter's movie adaptation of the novel ''Blackboard Jungle'' premieres in the United States, featuring the famous single, ''Rock Around the Clock'', by Bill Haley and His Comets. Teenagers jump from their seats to dance to the song.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?