Sunday 27 March 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Creature, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1955 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Kim Brassey: Racehorse trainer.
- Nunu Abashidze: Ukrainian-Canadian shot putter.
- Yisrael Eichler: Israeli journalist and politician.
- Linda Jaivin: American-Australian author and translator.
- Patrick McCabe: Irish author and playwright.
- Lefteris Pantazis: Uzbek-Greek singer
- Ann Phoenix: British psychologist
- Ion-Aurel Stanciu: Romanian general
- Hana Sweid: Israeli engineer academic and politician
- Jim Walker: Canadian drummer (Public Image Ltd)
- Carol Lambert: American astrologer, part-time pro. Her medical history included cancer of the stomach, diagnosed 11/17/1983 with surgery to remove stomach, spleen and lymph nodes 11/23/1983. She was very nearsighted.
- Mariano Rajoy: Spanish politician elected to Prime Minister of the country on November 20, 2011. A member of the socially conservative Popular Party, Rajoy won with a resounding "yes" from Spanish voters. Conservative in social mores, he is against same-sex marriage. Economically he is considered liberal, definitely pro-European Union. Described as tenacious and even stubborn, and somewhat secretive, he is reluctant to talk about his intentions until he is ready to act. Elected at a time of financial crisis, h
- Christian Sarron: French winner of the 1994 ‘’Bol d’Or,’ a 24-hour motorcycle endurance race. He was World Champion in 1994; took 2nd place in the 250cc category in 1983; World Champion in the 250cc category in 1984; 3rd place in the World Championships in the 500cc category in 1985 and 1989; 2nd place in 1987.
- 9th Tony Awards: Desperate Hours and Pajama Game win.
- Steve McQueen makes his network TV debut (Goodyear Playhouse)
- WPRI TV channel 12 in Providence, RI (ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Georgia Gibbs - Dance With Me Henry (Wallflower)
- Play Me Hearts And Flowers (I Wanna Cry) - Johnny Desmond
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Four Aces - Melody Of Love
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- The Cowboy Church Sunday School - Open Up Your Heart (And Let The Sunshine In)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?