Thursday 17 March 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Blackboard Jungle, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1955 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Bill Beyers: Actor (Wally McCandless-Capitol).
- Paul Overstreet in Van Cleave: Mississippi, USA; country singer ("Daddy's Come Around").
- Mark Junior: American actor and producer.
- Cynthia McKinney: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Georgia).
- Paul Overstreet: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (S-K-O).
- Gary Sinise: American actor
- The Richard Riot occurs in Montreal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?