Thursday 17 March 1955, St. Patrick's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Beyers and Paul Overstreet in Van Cleave.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Blackboard Jungle, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1955 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Bill Beyers: Actor (Wally McCandless-Capitol).
- Paul Overstreet in Van Cleave: Mississippi, USA; country singer ("Daddy's Come Around").
- Gary Sinise: American actor.
- Mark Junior: American actor and producer.
- Cynthia McKinney: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Georgia).
- Paul Overstreet: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (S-K-O)
- The Richard Riot occurs in Montreal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?