Sunday 21 December 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Joerger in Illinois and Raich Carter.
A Lady of Quality, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Fred Joerger in Illinois: USA; designer and architect of Disneyland attractions 1953+, retires 1979, named Disney Legend 2001.
- Raich Carter: soccer star.
- Francois Bourliere: France Scientist.
- Philipps Lanes: Brest Military man.
- Arnold Friberg: American illustrator and painter (d. 2010).
- 1st crossword puzzle (with 32 clues) printed in New York World
- Arthur Wynne's ''word-cross'', the first crossword puzzle, is published in the New York World.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Come on Over Here - Billy Murray & Helen Clark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?