Monday 21 December 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Knights of the Round Table, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1953 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Arie Luyendyk: in Netherlands; Indy-car racer (1990 Indianapolis 500).
- Andras Schiff in Budapest: Hungary; pianist (Tchaikovsky-1974).
- András Schiff: Hungarian-English pianist and conductor.
- Betty Wright: R&B Singer.
- Ananda Bagley: British pro astrologer, the founder of "The Electric Ephemeris" software company.
- KOMU TV channel 8 in Columbia, MO (NBC / PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?