Tuesday 23 December 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Lady of Quality, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1913 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Leo A: Ketelaars Dutch oratorio vocalist.
- Hans Henkemans: Dutch pianist, teacher, composer of classical music and psychiatrist.
- President Woodrow Wilson signs Federal Reserve Act into law
- The Federal Reserve Act is signed by US President Woodrow Wilson into law. It authorizes the Federal Reserve System and a set of Federal Reserve notes.
- The Federal Reserve is created by Woodrow Wilson.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Come on Over Here - Billy Murray & Helen Clark
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1913 and get them!