Saturday 6 December 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Sea Wolf, directed by Hobart Bosworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1913 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Karl Haas: German-American pianist conductor and radio host (d. 2005).
- Eleanor Holm: American swimmer and actress (d. 2004).
- John Mikaelsson: Swedish race walker (d. 1987).
- Eleanor Holm New York City: New York, 100 metre backstroke swimmer (Olympics-gold-1932).
- de Witasse: Rousies Military man.
- White Sox beat Giants 9-4 in exhibition game in Tokyo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - American Quartet
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1913 and get them!