Saturday 13 December 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Battle of Shiloh, directed by Joseph Smiley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Arnold Brown: English-Canadian missionary 11th General of The Salvation Army (d. 2002).
- Jimmy Carroll New York City: New York, pianist (Most Important People).
- John Wyndham: Pope-Hennessy English art historian.
- Mona Lisa stolen in August 1911 returned to Louvre
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 December 1913 and get them!