Tuesday 21 June 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Kent and Joan Tetzel.
Dainanko kûsunoki ko îhidaiki, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1921 ?
- Jean Kent: London, England -- Actress (Adventures of Sir Francis Drake).
- Joan Tetzel: NYC, New York -- Actress (Hell Below Zero, Joy in the Morning).
- Jean de Broglie: French politician (d. 1976).
- William Edwin Self: American actor and television producer (d. 2010).
- Robert Alberty: American chemistr professor and dean of Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Science for several years beginning in 1967.
- Herschel Baltimore: American athlete, pro basketball player for one season, 1946-47. He died on 1/1/1968, age 46.
- Jean De Broglie: French politician, one of the negotiators of the Évian Accords.
- Judy Holliday: American actress and winner of the Oscar for Best Actress in 1950 for her "Born Yesterday." She was usually cast as a perky, dumb blonde. Judy began her association with the theater as a back-stage switchboard operator for Orson Welles's Mercury Theater and made her debut with a cabaret group, "The Revuers." This led to three minor Hollywood films in 1944 and eventual stardom on Broadway as Billie Dawn in "Born Yesterday," in 1946. She repeated the role in hilarious success in the 1950 film vers
- Jane Russell: American actress who blazed to fame over a controversy about her bosom. Under contract to Howard Hughes, she made her first film in 1946, "The Outlaw." The film was banned for the shots of her cleavage, enhanced by Hughes' engineering abilities in constructing an uplift bra, coupled with a romp in the hay that was mild compared to later explicit movie sex. The film was not released until 1947.
- William Self: American producer of various TV series. He began his career as a minor actor in films from 1945 to 1952 such as "The Story of G.I. Joe" to "Washington Story". He then found his niche as a television executive producer, including "The Jungle Trap," 1954, "The Frank Sinatra Show," 1957, "The Twilight Zone," 1959, "The Shootist," 1976 and "Skylark," 1993. He produced the film "Sarah, Plain and Tall: Winter's End," 1999.
- George Seignious: American military, Lieutenant General. He died on 3 July 2005.
- Frank Scott: American musician and arranger, he played piano and harpsicord. For many years he was a member of the Lawrence Welk Orchestra and of the cast of the popular TV show.
- Floyd Volker: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season, 1949-50.
- Harold Aaron: Kokomo Military man
- Andr? Bonne: Tr?vien EXecutives
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Toddle - Paul Biese Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?