Wednesday 21 May 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Isley in Cincinnati and Anatoli Semyonovich.
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1941 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Ronald Isley in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; singer (Isley Brothers - "Twist and Shout").
- Anatoli Semyonovich: Levchenko in USSR; cosmonaut (TM-4).
- Bobby Cox: American baseball manager and former player.
- Jean-Didier Wolfromm: French writer, a journalist, critic and author of three novels; "Lueur de Plomb," 1963, "Diane Lanster," 1978,(Interallié prize) and "La Leçon Inaugurale," 1990.
- Ronald Isley: R&B Singer.
- Martin Carthy: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Steeleye Span The Watersons Waterson:Carthy Brass Monkey and Blue Murder)
- Ambrose Greenway: 4th Baron Greenway English photographer and politician
- 1st US ship sunk by a U-boat (SS Robin Moore)
- Singer Johan Heesters visits Dachau concentration camp
- German airforce occupies airport at Maleme, Crete.
- First US ship sunk by a German submarine (SS Robin Moore).
- A U-boat sinks .
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?