Thursday 21 May 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1959!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1959 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Rachid Zaidi: French manager of a housing development, in charge of La Cité des 4000 housing complex in La Courneuve.
- Nick Cassavetes: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Abdulla Yameen: Maldivian politician 6th President of the Maldives.
- Frédéric Boulesteix: French author, a specialist on Korea.
- Gypsy opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 702 performances
- ''Gypsy: A Musical Fable'', starring Ethel Merman in her last new musical, opens on Broadway and runs for 702 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Fabian - Turn Me Loose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?