Tuesday 21 May 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Hud, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1963 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Richard Appel: American screenwriter and producer.
- David Lonsdale: English actor.
- Pete Sandoval: Salvadoran-American drummer (Terrorizer and Morbid Angel).
- Kevin Shields: American-Irish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (My Bloody Valentine The Complex and Primal Scream).
- Dave Specter: American guitarist.
- Yelena Vodorezova: USSR -- Figure skater (1976 Olympics)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- Ray Charles - Take These Chains From My Heart
- Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?