Monday 20 May 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Pickpocket, directed by Robert Bresson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1963 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- David Wells in Torrance: California, USA; pitcher (Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees).
- David Wells: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Brian Nash in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Joel - Please Don't Eat Daisies).
- Sukarno appointed President of Indonesia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Ray Charles - Take These Chains From My Heart
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?