Friday 24 May 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The List of Adrian Messenger, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1963 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Kathy Leander: Swiss singer.
- Ken Ftach in Saint Louis: Missouri; tennis star.
- Lois Ayres: American porn actress.
- Ivan Capelli: Italian race car driver and sportscaster.
- Michael Chabon: American author and screenwriter.
- Joe Dumars: NBA guard (Detroit Pistons).
- Rich Rodriguez: American football player and coach
- Gene Anthony Ray in Harlem: New York, USA; dancer/actor (Leroy - Fame).
- Horace Holden Jr: Atlanta, Georgia -- Slalom double canoe (1996 Olympics - 11th Place)
- Ken Ftach: St. Louis, Missouri -- Tennis star
- Laurent Beccaria: French editor, son of a famous military (Helie Denoix de Saint Marc). Beccaria founded "Les Arènes" editions and published Trierweiler's book in 2014.
- Elmore James: American blues guitarist, singer and songwriter (Born 1918).
- 1st Lockheed A-12 to crash, CIA pilot Ken Collins ejects safely
- First Lockheed A-12 to crash, US Central Intelligence Agency pilot Ken Collins ejects safely.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Ray Charles - Take These Chains From My Heart
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?