Saturday 22 December 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Triple by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1979 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Jamie Langfield: Scottish footballer and coach.
- Darryl F Zanuck: American producer (Born 1902).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Styx - Babe
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Commodores - Still
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?