Saturday 29 December 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Larson and Diego Luna.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Archiv des Todes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomb Bee or Super Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1979 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Laura Larson: Miss Maine Teen USA (1996).
- Diego Luna: Mexican actor.
- Mitsuhiro Ishida: Japanese mixed-martial arts fighter.
- Yuki Morisaki: Japanese chef and television host.
- Moe Oshikiri: Japanese model and actress.
- Ariel Schrag: American cartoonist and screenwriter
- Red Army beats New York Islanders 3-2 at Nassau Coliseum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Styx - Babe
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Commodores - Still
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?