Thursday 27 December 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1979 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Marlena Stell: YouTube Star.
- Carson Palmer: American football player.
- David Dunn: English footballer and manager.
- Hafizullah Amin: Afghan educator and politician Afghan Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 1979).
- Knots Landing, premieres on CBS-TV
- Red Army beats New York Rangers 5-2 at Madison Square Garden.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Styx - Babe
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Commodores - Still
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?