Thursday 22 January 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fariomar Canoletti and Fabio Mussi.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1948 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Fariomar Canoletti: Brazilian business-man who owns a freezer repair shop.
- Fabio Mussi: Italian politician, the assistant editor of the journal Unita and head of the anti-nuclear organization, PCI.
- André Rey: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played at senior level from 1970 to 1984 and on the French national team from 1977 to 1979.
- Northern Calloway: American actor and singer (d. 1990).
- Gilbert Levine: American conductor and academic.
- Roger Williams: Welsh politician
- British foreign secretary Bevin proposes the formation of a Western Union between Britain, France and the Benelux countries to stand up against the Soviet Union. The Treaty of Brussels is signed March 17 as a consequence, a predecessor to NATO.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Beg Your Pardon - Francis Craig & His Orchestra
- Beg Your Pardon - Larry Green & His Orchestra
- Bing Crosby - Ballerina
- Ballerina - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?