Monday 19 January 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1948 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Harvey Hinsley: Rocker.
- François Lemarchand: French entrepreneur, founder in 1990 of 'Nature et Découvertes,' a French chain of general merchandise stores.
- Nancy Lynch: American computer scientist and academic.
- Frank McKenna: Canadian politician and diplomat 27th Premier of New Brunswick.
- Mal Reilly: English rugby league player and coach.
- Tony Garnier: French architect and urban planner who, at the turn of the century, designed a city of the future.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Beg Your Pardon - Francis Craig & His Orchestra
- Beg Your Pardon - Larry Green & His Orchestra
- Bing Crosby - Ballerina
- Ballerina - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1948 and get them!