Wednesday 14 January 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1948 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jean-Paul Rostagni: .
- Carl Weathers in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Apollo Creed - Rocky).
- Tim Harris: rocker (Foundations).
- T-Bone Burnett: American producer and musician.
- Evelyn Braxton: Reality Star.
- Carl Weathers: Movie Actor
- T Burnett: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer
- Valeri Kharlamov: Soviet ice hockey player (Born 1948)
- John Lescroart: American author and screenwriter
- Anna "Ans" van Dike: Dutch Jewish Nazi-collaborator, executed at age 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Buddy Clark - Ballerina
- Too Fat Polka - Two-Ton Baker
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?