Friday 23 January 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anita Pointer in Oakland and David Ford.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1948 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Anita Pointer in Oakland: California, USA; rock vocalist (Pointer Sisters - "She's So Shy").
- David Ford: Irish theologian and academic.
- Anita Pointer: American singer-songwriter (The Pointer Sisters).
- Bradman scores 201 in 272 minutes vs. India, 21 fours 1 six
- Test debut of Neil Harvey, versus India at Adelaide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Beg Your Pardon - Francis Craig & His Orchestra
- Beg Your Pardon - Larry Green & His Orchestra
- Bing Crosby - Ballerina
- Ballerina - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?