Monday 22 January 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrey Sokolov and Brian Jones.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Beachcomber.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1968 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Andrey Sokolov: Hockey defenseman (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998).
- Brian Jones: NFL linebacker (New Orleans Saints).
- Frank Leboeuf: French footballer who played as a defender, first in Strasbourg, and then in Chelsea, Marseille, and Quatar.
- Guy Fieri: Chef.
- Heath : Japanese singer-songwriter and bass player (X Japan).
- Mauricio Serna: Colombian footballer
- Duke Kahanamoku of Hawaii: 100m swimmer (Olympics-gold-1912, 1920, 1924), dies at age 77.
- Apollo 5 lifts off carrying the first Lunar module into space.
- NBA announces it will expand to Milwaukee and Phoenix.
- Operation Igloo White, a US electronic surveillance system to stop communist infiltration into South Vietnam begins installation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 January 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?