Friday 22 July 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Cowboys & Aliens, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekly Idol.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Afterfall: Insanity or DJMax Technika 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 July 2011 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 July
- Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 people in twin terrorist attacks in Norway after a bombing in the Regjeringskvartalet government center in Oslo and a shooting at a political youth camp on the island of Utøya.
- In Thailand over 12.8 million people are affected by severe flooding. The World Bank estimates damages at 1,440 billion baht (US$45 billion).ampref name=ampquottimeampquotamp
- Arab Spring: Because of the uncertaintities associated with a clamp-down of the free press, there are believed to be at least 121 people killed in a Syrian Army tank raid on the town of Hama and over 150 people are reportedly killed across the country. The total dead throughout Syria may never be known, but an estimate as of September 24 is 3,000.
- NASA announces that its Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has captured photographic evidence of possible liquid water on Mars during warm seasons.
- Juno, the first solar-powered spacecraft on a mission to Jupiter, is launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
- 2011 Norway attacks
- A gunman opens fire at a Labour Party camp in Utøya with 69 people killed. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Hundreds of thousands of people take to the streets after Friday prayers in cities across Syria. (Reuters)
- 2011 Malawian protests: Authorities block a mass funeral for seven people killed during anti-government riots. (News 24)
- China is to ordain seven more bishops, amid a dispute with the Vatican. (AFP via Google News)
- Elliot Handler who cofounded Mattel with his wife dies at age 95. (The New York Times)
- Qantas pilots commence industrial action for the first time in 45 years. (AFP via ''The West Australian'')
- General Electric reports stronger than expected earnings, largely due to industrial sales outside the United States. (Reuters)
- At least 41 people are killed in a fire on a bus in Xinyang City, central China. (Xinhua)
- Nepalese officials say monsoon rains have swollen two major rivers in the country and have increased the threat of widespread flooding. (IOL)
- 2011 Horn of Africa famine
- The al-Shabaab Islamist militant group in Somalia says a ban on aid groups working in parts of the country remains. (Al Jazeera)
- Canada is giving C$50 million more, in addition to the $22 million it has already donated, to aid agencies working in East Africa (CBC News)
- ASEAN Regional Forum
- North Korea appoints Ri Yong-ho as its new negotiator in the Six-party talks on the North Korean nuclear weapons program. (Yonhap)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?