Sunday 17 July 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Friends with Benefits, directed by Will Gluck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 July 2011 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Arabella Kushner: American child of noted family, a daughter of businesswoman, writer, and former model Ivanka Trump and real estate developer Jared Kushner.
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: Ousted Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak suffers stroke, falls into coma. (ABC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Syrian forces mass in the east of the country near the Iraqi border where dozens of soldiers have defected. (''New York Times'')
- Troops storm a town near the border with Lebanon, rounding up more than 500 people. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: NATO planes destroy a military storage facility and other targets on the outskirts of Tripoli. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: The Shia al-Wafiq opposition group quits national talks aimed at ending the political crisis in the country. (BBC)
- The United Nations delivers aid to parts of Somalia controlled by al-Shabab militants for the first time since they ended the ban on food supplies. (BBC)
- A passenger bus collides with a truck near Mashkovo in Russia's Tambov Oblast with at least 5 people dead and 17 injured. (UPI)
- Mount Lokon, a volcano on Sulawesi in Indonesia erupts again sending ash 3,500 metres in the air. (AFP via Google News)
- Tropical Storm Bret forms off the coast of the Bahamas. (National Hurricane Centre)
- At least two people are killed and 35 injured due to a bus crash on Interstate 390 near the US town of Bath, New York. (''Democrat and Chronicle'')
- At the conclusion of Ottawa Bluesfest, strong winds from a sudden thunderstorm cause one of the main stages to collapse at around 7:30 pm EDT, injuring three people. (''The Toronto Star'')
- Crowds gather outside the jail in Orange County, Florida for the release of Casey Anthony who was recently cleared of murdering her daughter Caylee. (Reuters)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- British Home Secretary Theresa May will address MPs on Monday following revelations that the Metropolitan Police hired former ''News of the World'' deputy editor Neil Wallis to give PR advice. (BBC)
- Former News International Chief Executive Rebekah Brooks is arrested by police investigating phone hacking and corruption at the organisation. (BBC)
- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson resigns over the phone hacking affair. (BBC)
- Voters in São Tomé and Príncipe go to the polls for a presidential election with a runoff election necessary with the leading candidate Pinto da Costa failing to achieve an absolute majority. (AFP via France 24)
- Northern Ireland golfer Darren Clarke wins the 2011 Open Championship. (''Herald-Sun'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?