Monday 23 April 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Spider-Man 3, directed by Sam Raimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 April 2007 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 April
- Former Russian President Boris Yeltsin dies at the age of 76. (CNN)
- Iraq Insurgency:
- Prime Minister Nouri Maliki calls for construction to be halted on the three-mile wall being built by the United States military around the predominantly Sunni district of Adhamiyah, Baghdad. Thousands of Iraqis also protest the wall. (CNN)
- Nine U.S. soldiers are killed by a suicide car bomb near a United States Army patrol base in Diyala. (BBC)
- Three of the six members of the Bali Nine ndash Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen, Si Yi Chen and Matthew Norman ndash who were sentenced to death have launched a judicial review appeal with Denpasar's District Court. (ABC News Australia)
- Barclays plc agrees to buy ABN Amro in a €67 billion deal. (Bloomberg)
- Umaru Yar'Adua is declared the winner of Nigeria's presidential election that EU observers said ampquotcannot be considered to have been credible.ampquot (BBC)
- NASA releases the first 3D images of the Sun acquired by the STEREO spacecraft. (PhysOrg)
- The United States' 391st National Park Unit, Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site, is formally established. (NPS)
- VA allows Wiccan symbols on headstones. (Fox)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2007?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?