Thursday 23 March 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1967 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Sandra Ferguson [Reinhardt] in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Amanda - Another World, Illegal in Blue).
- David Ford: Canadian canoe racer.
- Sandra Reinhardt: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Another World, Illegal in Blue).
- David Ford in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; kayaker (Olympics-15-1992, 1996).
- John Bobbitt: American news figure, famed for having his penis reattached after his wife cut it off and threw it into the field.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1967 and get them!