Friday 24 February 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1956 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Eddie Murray in Los Angeles: California, USA; first baseman (Baltimore Orioles, Los Angeles Dodgers, Cleveland Indians).
- Peter Pagel: German footballer (d. 2010).
- Judith Butler: American philosopher and gender theorist, considered by many as "one of the most influential voices in contemporary political theory," and as the most widely read and influential gender theorist in the world.
- Eddie Murray: American baseball player.
- Paula Zahn: American journalist and producer.
- Doris Day records her most famous song: Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be). It is from Alfred Hitchcock's ''The Man Who Knew Too Much'', in which Day co-stars with James Stewart.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?